- What is the “business model” today and what is the business model of the future?
- Is the company properly organized (ownership, management, people, systems, policies) to deliver this business model?
- Is the company executing effectively (costs, services)?
- How can the financial performance and shareholder value be optimized?
More detail about each type of interrelated service can be found in the sections below and in the my company’s website.
All of my project work has a significant coaching connection to the CEO and his/her team. I have worked with CEOs from a diverse range of companies in size, scope and industries. My project approach is always ‘hands on’ with the CEO and the team. CEO Coaching is also something that can be done separately 1-1 between the CEO and me on a regular or as-needed basis.
Strategy and Planning
Strategy & Planning consists of an integrated set of actions an organization takes to maximize shareholder value. My assessment work (see below) has frequently identified the need for a new strategic direction, a new operational planning process or both. The strategy/planning activities can be either ‘deep dives’ or short management workshops, depending on the need.
My Performance Improvement work takes aim at the many variables that can negatively impact overall company performance. You get an objective perspective that you may not hear from your own team. I have been summoned countless times to companies in a variety of industries by CEOs, investors, family owners and Directors to perform a comprehensive Strategic/Operational/
This type of assessment is a thorough, independent evaluation/due diligence of the “state of the company”.The end product is a comprehensive array of observations, analysis and a set of go forward recommendations on how to grow the business and build shareholder value.
The shareholders and management get an objective perspective they may not hear from their own team. Some examples of successful outcomes:
- clarity on overall direction and focus
- sharper business model
- huge reduction in complexity
- innovative go-to-market tactics
- process bottlenecks identified and cleaned up
- improved financial management
- actions to increase profitability and cash flow
- changes to the organizational structure
- new or changed positions/people
- dramatic increases in EBITDA
I can facilitate on- and off-site Strategic Planning or 9Stucks Performance Improvement Workshops of any size or scope. We work with senior management to prepare for the meetings by going over content, agenda, timing, special issues, expected outcomes and follow up steps. The focus of the 9Stucks workshop is performance improvement. The workshop’s goal is to quickly diagnose the conditions that are causing your company to be stuck and to create action steps to fix them. It uses the 9Stucks diagnostic model to guide the discussion. The content/approach used in the more detailed assessment noted above is compressed into a one or two day interactive format. The detailed 9Stucks checklist examines leadership, planning methods, people/organizational structure/culture, industry dynamics, go-to-market tactics, competition, business model, financial condition, and systems/processes. Let me help you plan and conduct your next meeting!