What is this thing called 9Stucks?
9Stucks is a dynamic business diagnostic tool developed by Jim McHugh. It identifies nine distinct yet interrelated business challenges that cause a company to underperform.
- These 9 stuck conditions negatively impact business performance, business growth, profitability and shareholder value
- The 9Stucks diagnostic tool is comprehensive. It nails down common but unique challenges in strategy, operations, finance, culture, and people
- The tool is validated by decades of real experience; it’s not theoretical
- The 9Stucks tool is used by CEOs, Senior Management, Investors, Directors, or anyone in a company who wants to become a Stuck Warrior
- The 9Stucks tool asks the right questions, gets the right answers, and serves as a springboard to Fixing Stuck Companies.
- A snapshot of all 9Stucks can be found on this page
9Stucks is used to help organizations of all types quickly identify, reach agreement about, and craft solutions to the real strategic, operational, financial and people challenges that limit growth and value creation.
Do you think your company is stuck? To find out, go here.
Do you want to contact Jim McHugh for assistance? Go here.
Become part of the 9Stucks Community:
- become a regular reader
- post your comments, ideas, and perspective on the blog posts
- share the blog content with others
- become a guest blogger…share your experiences with your own 9Stucks – contact me to learn more
This Blog’s Goals:
- Help people at all levels in any organization get a positive, lasting change program started…and then finish it
- Listen to you! Create an upbeat, constructive, helpful community where you can get involved and share ideas, stories and suggestions on how to fix stuck organizations
- Educate with real world examples of how people used the 9Stucks to transform their companies
More on Reality vs. Theory:
Blog posts will focus on: 1) examples of 9Stucks situations from Jim’s 20+ years of consulting, 2) examples of the 9Stucks from the current business press, 3) discussions related to published content, articles, etc. The examples taken from Jim McHugh’s consulting work will be real experiences, but the actual company name and unique client information will be disguised. The stories accurately reflect the issues, approaches, solutions and outcomes of his work at the various companies.
9Stucks Comment Policy:
This forum is not intended to be a place to attack or hurt your current or former employer or co-workers. It’s not a dumping ground for caustic, destructive thoughts and comments. Your debate and conversations are welcome! Humor is great – we all need more of it! But simple ground rules are in order and the fine print here is worth reading if you are going to be commenting:
When you comment on the blog, you agree to the following:
- Anonymous posts are not permitted – you may use a pseudonym if you are trying to maintain confidentiality about your organization’s identity or your own position within an organization.
- Respect means a lot here – I take it seriously (i.e. no shouting matches)
- As the blog owner, I maintain the right to not publish or to delete comments. Here are some basic comment guidelines; these are not inclusive and I may exclude a comment for any other reason without having to explain my reason(s):
- No comments that mention or may be construed as profane, libelous or defamatory, offensive, pornographic, stalking, unrelated to the content, purposefully false, or which violate or potentially violate any local, state, federal or international laws.
- Comments can’t contain advertising, soliciting, or blatantly promoting goods and services. Linking to a prior comment or your blog may be acceptable, depending on the circumstances.
- Comment ownership: Your comments belong to you. Therefore, I am not responsible for any and all liability that may result from your comments; you will also relieve me from any and all liability that may result from those postings. I am not responsible for any liability or damages that may result from a comment that mistakenly appears on my blog or website.
- By posting comments, I maintain the right to use those comments. This means that you are giving me a license to your comments that is worldwide, irrevocable, non-exclusive, and royalty-free. I can distribute, store, re-publish, reproduce, or share/distribute your comments in any format, worldwide.
You may choose to “opt-in” and sign up for daily blog posts and electronic newsletters. If you no longer desire to receive these communications, this Site will provide you with the option to change your preferences. In addition, if you identify yourself by sending an email with questions or comments, I may use your information (including personally identifiable information) to respond to your questions or comments, and may file your questions or comments for future reference. I may also use the information collected to send you important service announcements and updates regarding the Site.
Except as specifically authorized by you, I will not disclose any information we gather from you through the Site to any Third Parties at any time.
Copyrights and Trademarks
9Stucks and the associated 9Stucks content are registered copyrights of James E. McHugh with the United States Copyright Office. 9Stucks is a registered trademark of James E. McHugh with the United States Patent and Trademark Office.